i need ferguson to go down in history books. i need school children in the year 2074 to learn about michael brown being shot on august 9th, 2014 by officer darren wilson. i need this to spark a movement. this can not lose the focus of society a mere month after it happened.
- An officer shot a black teen, and STL rioted — in 1962
- ACLU declared Ferguson PD is withholding information on Mike Brown’s killing
- 3 troubling things exposed by the Ferguson police shooting of Mike Brown
- Survey exposes sharp racial divide in public perception of Ferguson crisis. (x)
- Deaconess Foundation responds to Ferguson unrest with $100K investment for youth organizing
- MO State Sen. Jamilah Nasheed says no county prosecutor should ever be in charge of officer-involved shooting
- Gov. Nixon’s political stock just swirled down the drain
- A message from Lost Voices. Donate to Lost Voices - what they need right now
- Shaun King: “If they decide they aren’t even going to indict Wilson, I think it’s a 50/50 chance that St. Louis county completely explodes instantly.” (storify)
- Injured kids talk back (video) (Note: video was uploaded on Aug. 28)
im in a country that has children beheading people like a sport.
congratulations you’re literally the stupidest person in the world! first of all, just because someone is wearing a turban and has a beard, doesn’t automatically make them an arab or a muslim. Jusreign is Sikh, a follower of the worlds 5th most popular religion originating out of northern india. second of all, even if he was an arab or a muslim, doesn’t mean you can blame all arabs and muslims for the actions of extremists because it’s literally not their fault, and they are also among the innocent people being targeted by said extremists. so read a fucking book or do a google search before you start leaving ignorant ass comments on posts that don’t concern you.
Photograph by Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin; styled by Edward Enninful; W magazine October 2014.
blessed art thou eternal our god king of the universe
In Ferguson, Still-Boarded Windows Signal Fears of More Trouble (Translation: Businesses in Ferguson are not replacing windows before grand jury decision is made.)
Quote of the week: “U.S. citizens have the shortest paid vacations in the world, unless you’re Darren Wilson and you get five weeks off after killing a teenager.” — Sarah Kendzior